The local chapter of the International Brotherhood of Electric Workers is urgently calling on other union members to join pickets in a display of solidarity with roughly 1,800 cable and internet workers now on strike against Spectrum/Charter Communications.
The labor dispute now in a fourth month began after Spectrum purchased Time Warner, which had engaged in collective bargaining with Local 3 IBEW for more than 40 years, leaving workers with good wages, medical coverage and pensions.
"Union busting lowers the standards for all working men and women," said Christopher Erickson, business manager of the local. "They are intent on breaking the union and have employed scabs and out-of-town strikebreakers."
The central issue in the dispute is the defined benefit pension plan, and comes from a corporation whose CEO made $99 million in 2016, according to union officials.
Please join Local 3 IBEW members at picket locations across New York City at the following locations (picket times vary, so contact the captain before heading over):
• 2285-31st Street, Long Island City, NY 11105 (for more information, Troy 917-337-3419)
• 43 West 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010 (Frank 917-880-6062)
• 700 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 (Robert 347-563-7614)
• 1360 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10075 (Norman 917-603-7640)
• 2554 Broadway, New York, NY 10025 (Richard 646-739-0574)
• 2845 Richmond Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10314 (Mike 570-470-7869)
• 200 Roosevelt Place Palisades Park, NJ 07650 (Brian 201-280-2586)
• 133-19 Atlantic Avenue, Richmond Hill, NY 11418 (Gifford 646-239-5589)
• 769 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11232 (Predeep, or Jimmy, 347-628-7720)
• 100 Cable Way, Staten Island, NY 10303 (Anthony 646-235-0103)