ELI Professional Development Opportunities
Save the Date – ELI’s Professional Development Institutes - Summer 2013!
• July 8 – 11 School-Based Intermediate Supervisors Institute (New and Recently Assigned Assistant Principals)
• July 16 – 18 and July 23-25 Leadership Summit (All CSA Members)
Single Topic Workshops
All workshops listed below begin with breakfast at 8. Workshops begin promptly at 8:30am and end at 11:30am, *unless otherwise indicated. A minimum of 15 confirmed registrants is required for all single topic workshops to be presented.
Discovery Education and the Executive Leadership Institute are bringing New York City school leaders together for a day of professional development focused on leading educational transformation. We will discuss and explore the effective use of technology and rich digital content to improve teaching and learning, and will spotlight the practices and actions school leaders can take to fuel the transition to digital learning environments – and raise student achievement.
"Digital Technology for the 21st Century: A Revolution in Leadership & Instruction"
Thursday, May 16, 2013
*8:00AM – 3:00PM
Registration & Continental Breakfast at 7:30AM
Executive Leadership Institute
40 Rector Street
New York, NY 10006
The limited seating has been filled.
**Scroll to the bottom of the page for the registration link for the workshops listed below.
"Summer Leadership Summit"
Below are the workshops and registration link for the sessions offered by The Executive Leadership Institute at our Summer Leadership Summit.
The Leadership Summit will take place at Fordham University - Lincoln Center Campus from Tuesday, July 16th through Thursday, July 25th, 2013. Each day there are two sessions, from 8:45 am – 11:00 am and from 11:15 am – 1:00 pm, except on Tuesday, July 23rd when there will be a plenary session at which Dr. LeeAnn M. Sutherland will be the keynote speaker. The plenary session will be followed by break-out sessions all related to the keynote address.
All CSA members are invited to attend. You must register for each workshop/event you wish to attend.
Registration is open from May 1, 2013 until July 8, 2013.
1. Quality Review 07/16/2013
2. Leading Change: Developing High Performance Teams 07/16/2013
3. Elementary/Middle School Budget Process: Doing More with Less 07/16/2013
4. Documenting Disciplinary Letters for File 07/16/2013
5. Addressing the Needs of the English Language Learner 07/16/2013
6. The High School Administration Process-Beyond the Basics 07/17/2013
7. The Fundamentals of Grant Writing 07/17/2013
8. Special Education: Compliance and Supervision 07/17/2013
9. School Law: Problems and Challenges Facing School Leaders 07/17/2013
10. Integrated Co-Teaching 07/17/2013
11. Bridging the Gap: Going Beyond Traditional Thought of Multiculturalism 07/17/2013
12. Response to Intervention (RTI) 07/18/2013
13. The 3 R’s: Rigor, Relevance and Relationships 07/18/2013
14. Curriculum Mapping 07/18/2013
15. Difficult Conversations around Teacher Evaluation 07/18/2013
16. Scheduling Your Middle School for Success 07/18/2013
17. Plenary Session: NGSS plus the COMMON Core: More Work Made Easier? 07/23/2013
18. Plenary Related workshop 07/23/2013
19. Principals’ Candidate Pool (Part1) 07/24/2013
20. Principals’ Candidate Pool (Part2) 07/24/2013
21. Time Management: Reducing Stress and Improving Productivity 07/24/2013
22. Assessment for English Language Learners 07/24/2013
23. The Tenure Process- How To Effectively Prepare For Tenure 07/25/2013
24. Looking at the Nuts and Bolts of English Language Learners 07/25/2013
25. Networking to Improve Instruction (for SSP clients only) 07/25/2013